Some 2012 Ford Edge vehicles built on or before 11/23/2011 and equipped with a 2.0L engine may exhibit a MIL on with DTC P00C6. In addition, a long crank time may be experienced.
1. Using the IDS tool to perform low pressure fuel system test:
a. Select the following from the IDS tool:
b. Did the low pressure fuel system test pass? If yes, proceed to Step 2. If no, proceed to Step 3.
2. Perform pinpoint test HP high pressure fuel delivery system. Did the high pressure fuel system test pass? If yes, continue with normal diagnostics. If no, proceed to Step 3.
3. Remove the fuel tank.
4. Inspect the fuel pump module and note the part number found on the top of the module. If the P/N is CT43-9H307-CE, proceed to Step 5. If the P/N is CT43-9H307-CF, reinstall the fuel tank and continue with normal diagnostics.
5. Replace the fuel pump module and O-ring seal.
6. Reinstall the fuel tank.
7. Clear any DTCs and confirm that the condition has been resolved.
Replacement fuel pump module…….P/N CT4Z-9H307-F
Fuel pump O-ring seal…………………P/N 4L3Z-9276-AA