The 2011 Accord L4 four-door, from VIN 1HGCP2…BA033985 through 1HGCP2…BA056601; and 2011 Accord L4 two-door, from VIN 1HGCS1…BA004581 through 1HGCS1…BA007349, may have one or more of the following symptoms:
* A CHECK FUEL CAP message is displayed with the fuel cap properly tightened, and without pending DTC(s) P0455 (EVAP system large leak detected) and/or P0456 (EVAP system very small leak detected) stored.
* The MIL is on with DTC P0497 (EVAP system low purge flow detected) stored.
* The MIL is on with DTC P145C (EVAP system purge flow malfunction) stored.
The probable cause relates to the EVAP canister purge joint being incorrectly manufactured with a flashing inside that restricts purge joint flow.
The corrective action requires inspection of the EVAP canister purge joint and replacement if needed. The replacement purge joint is available as P/N 36166-R40-A01.
1. Locate the EVAP canister purge joint next to the cylinder head cover. Using a flashlight and inspection mirror, look for the die number, which is stamped on the back of the EVAP canister purge joint’s mount. If the die number is a “1,” proceed to Step 2. If not, disregard this bulletin and continue with normal troubleshooting.
2. Disconnect and remove the EVAP canister purge joint. With a flashlight, look into both fittings. If the purge joint fittings are blocked or partially blocked inside by plastic flashing left over from the molding process, replace the EVAP canister purge joint. Clear the DTC(s) and reset the MIL. Note: Do not try to remove the flashing and reuse the defective purge joint. If no flashing is present, reinstall the EVAP canister purge joint and continue with normal troubleshooting.