Owners of 2007-2010 Dodge Caliber FWD and 2007-2010 Compass or Patriot FWD vehicles may complain that the fuel gauge is not accurate or fluctuates at three-fourths tank or above. This bulletin involves replacing the fuel sending unit, clocking the fuel module and installing a fuel jumper hose.
1. Remove the fuel pump module (mark the sending unit at the 4:00 position, with 12:00 pointing to the rear of the vehicle).
2. Remove the fuel pump sending unit from the pump module.
3. Install a new sender to the fuel pump module (see below for part number).
4. Install the fuel pump module following procedures listed in the service manual or in DealerConnect. NOTE: Clock the fuel module to the 2:00 position.
5. Install the jumper hose kit.
6. Re-connect the battery.
7. Start the engine and check for leaks.
8. Re-install the fuel pump cover.
9. Re-install rear seat padding and bottom.
REPLACEMENT PART NUMBERS
Fuel sending unit kit w/fuel line adapter (built before 3/1/2010)…….68078218AB
Fuel sending unit kit w/o fuel line adapter (built after 3/1/2010)…….68078219AB
PreviousMitsubishi 4B1 sensing ring change