The moonroof on 2009-2011 Honda Pilot vehicles may not operate correctly (may not open), due to a problem with the moonroof control unit software.
Specifically, this applies to the following Honda Pilot vehicles. All:
2010 2WD From VIN 5FNYF3…AB000001 through 5FNYF3…AB015011
2010 4WD From VIN 5FNYF4…AB000001 through 5FNYF4…AB025894
2011 2WD From VIN 5FNYF3…BB008765 through 5FNYF3…BB009538
2011 4WD From VIN 5FNYF4…BB015340 through 5FNYF4…BB016167
The corrective action involves updating the moonroof control unit software with the Flash Pack (P/N 07AAZ-SZAA100.
Remove fuse No. 28 from the under-dash fuse/relay box.
Reinstall the fuse and try to open the moonroof. If the moonroof does open at this point, go to the repair procedure. If not, continue with normal troubleshooting.
1. Using a trim tool, remove the map light lenses from the roof console.
2. Remove the four screws from the roof console and remove the console (there is no need to disconnect wires; allow the console to hang).
3. Start the engine.
4. Connect the Flash Pack: (NOTICE: Do not connect the Flash Pack until the engine is started, and never crank the engine when the Flash Pack is connected to the vehicle). When the Flash Pack power connector is connected to the vehicle’s 12V power outlet, the unit’s blue POWER indicator illuminates.
5. Disconnect the moonroof control unit 10P connector, then connect the Flash pack 10P connector to the control unit.
6. Press the PROGRAM button on the Flash Pack. The yellow IN PROCESS indicator stays on for about two minutes, then the green PASS indicator illuminates to let you know that the software update is completed.
NOTICE: To avoid damaging the Flash Pack, do not disconnect it or operate anything electrical (audio unit, headlights, windows, door locks, etc.) when the IN PROCESS indicator is on.