Some 2004-2010 Nissan Armada vehicles may experience an inoperable and/or noisy power rear lift gate. If you confirm that the power motor will not open or close the door, and/or there is a grinding and popping noise inside the rear trim panel:
* Check for a loose or missing bolt on the power back door motor assembly and replace if needed.
* Check for bent or damaged power back door motor mounting brackets and replace if needed.
Access the power back door motor assembly as follows:
* Remove the left side finishers.
* Refer to the Service Manual as needed (section BL 2004-07 section DLK 2008-2010).
* Bolt “A” shown in the illustration must be removed.
* NOTE: you may not need to completely remove the lower luggage finisher. Unclipping the top and pulling it back may provide enough access.
* Check bolt “B”. If loose or missing, replace it.
* Apply Permatex Medium Strength Threadlocker Blue or equivalent to the threads of the new bolt. Torque the new bolt to 51 in.-lbs.
* NOTE: If bolt “B” is missing, be sure to find the missing bolt and remove it from the vehicle.
* Check both mounting brackets. If damaged, replace. Torque mounting brackets screws to 51 in.-lbs.
* Torque bolt “A” to 11 ft.-lbs.
Bolt (hex w/crush washer) P/N 01121-0039U
Bracket lock, back door RH P/N 90508-ZQ10A
Bracket lock, back door LH P/N 90509-ZQ10A
PreviousMistaken Mercedes engine oil leak