This TSB applies to 2011 Nissan Cube (Z12), built before May 16, 2011. A MIL-on with DTC P0101 (MAF SEN/CIRCUIT) may be stored in the ECM, with no drivability issues.
If this bulletin applies, reprogram the ECM.
1. Connect C-III to the vehicle.
* Connect a battery charger to the vehicle battery. If the 12V battery voltage drops during reprogramming, the ECM may be damaged.
* Turn off all vehicle electrical loads (to avoid ECM damage)
* For ECM reprogramming, the C-III MUST be connected to the VI using the USB cable or the process may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
* Be sure to connect the AC adapter (if the C-III battery voltage drops during reprogramming, the process will be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
* Turn off all external Bluetooth devices (phones, printers, etc.) within range of the CONSULT PC and the VI. If Bluetooth signal waves are within range of the CONSULT PC during reprogramming, the process may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
2. When you get to the ECM Reprogramming screen shown in Figure 1, confirm that this TSB applies as follows:
a. On your C-III screen, look at the Part Number column. If this column is blank, this bulletin does not apply. Close C-III and refer to ASIST for further diagnostic information. If a part number is listed, write it on the repair order.
b. Compare the part number that you recorded to the numbers in the following Table A. If there is a match, this bulletin applies. Continue with the reprogramming procedure. Note: If there are two lines (two reprogramming options) on your C-III screen, use the one that does not have the message “Caution! Use ONLY with NTBXX-XXX.” If there is not a match, this bulletin does not apply.
Configuration Current ECM Part Number
FED/CAN MT 2WD 23710-1FS0A
FED/CAN MT 2WD ASCD 23710-1FS1A
FED/CAN CVT 2WD ASCD 23710-1FS2A
FED/CAN CVT 2WD ASCD/PUSH START 23710-1FS3A
CAL MT 2WD 23710-1FS4A
CAL MT 2WD ASCD 23710-1FS5A
CAL CVT 2WD ASCD 23710-1FS6A
CAL CVT 2WD ASCD/PUSH START 23710-1FS7A
3. If the bulletin applies and you have performed ECM reprogramming, the screen in Figure 2 appears when reprogramming is complete.
4. Erase all DTCs from all systems (Note: during reprogramming, DTCs will set in several systems and must be erased).
5. Test drive the vehicle to check for proper operation and to confirm that the MIL is off.
PreviousFunky Fiat honk
NextRoving fuel gauge