Symptom: The Acura retractable master key does not lock in its extended position (this applies to 2007-2010 MDX and RDX, 2007-2008 TL, 2009-2010 TL w/o push button start, 2009-2010 TSX and 2010 ZDX w/o push button start.
The probably cause: The release button and the collar on the master key has become worn after rough use.
Replace the key case, cut the new key to match the original, then rewrite the transponder code into the immobilizer control unit with the HDS.
1 . Using a #0 Phillips screwdriver, remove the screw from the key case. Remove the cover and key transmitter.
2. Follow the Decode and Copy instructions on the Matrix X key cutter to cut a new key with the new key case. This allows you to use the original key without needing the key code.
3. Assemble the cover and transmitter onto the new key case and install the screw.
4. To add a key with HDS, you need the new master key, HDS with software 2.020.018 or later and the first password (this five-character code is available on the iN. Go to SERVICE, select Vehicle Information from the left column, then select Immobilizer Code Inquiry).
5. Connect the HDS to the DLC.
6. Insert the client’s original key (now without the keyless transmitter) into the ignition switch and turn the switch to the ON position. Turn on the HDS.
7. At the screen prompts, enter the VIN and the odometer reading, then verify the correct date and time.
8. From the system Selection screen, select IMMOBI.
9. From the Immobilizer Test Mode screen, select Immobilizer Setup.
10. From the Immbobilzer Setup screen, select Add and Delete keys.
11. .From the Add and Delete Keys screen, select Add 1 Key.
12. From the Add 1 Key screen, select Begin to Add 1 Key. Note: If there are six keys already in memory, you’ll need to stop and do Delete or Add Multiple keys, but that requires all of the customer’s keys. Any key not present will no longer start the engine.
13. From the first password screen, enter the first password, then follow the screen prompts. When you are finished, turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), then turn off and disconnect the HDS.