This TSB applies to the 2010 Hyundai 2.0L Genesis Coupe. An ECM software update is required on some vehicles to address either of the following conditions:
* MIL ON with DTC P0605 (internal control module ROM error) stored in the ECM. The vehicle may have been operating in the reduced power limp home mode.
* Slow rpm drop when releasing the throttle during gear shift changes or on deceleration from high engine speed.
To verify the vehicle is affected, check the version of the vehicle’s control unit ROM ID with reference to the ROM ID information table below.
ROM ID INFORMATION
MODEL: Genesis Coupe BK 2.0
ECM P/N (M/T) IMMO ROM ID
(smart key) Previous New
39121-2C090 YES K0C0RG3A K0C0RH2B
39121-2C110 NO K0C0MG3A K0C0MH2B
After the ECM update, clear any DTCs from the control units which communicate with each other by CAN-bus, such as ESC, ACU, TPMS and the Smart Key system (the ECM is an immobilizer type if the vehicle has the Smart Key system).
* Make sure that the vehicle battery has reasonable charge. If the vehicle has been in storage, run the engine to assure an adequate battery state of charge for reliable update results. The ECM Update procedure contains a check to assure that battery voltage is above 12 V to allow the procedure to occur.
* The USB cable must be used for ECM update between the GDS and VCI. The procedure will not work in VCI wireless mode.
* Make sure that the GDS laptop battery indicator in the lower right tray has 20% or more charge remaining. If necessary, charge the laptop battery with the AC adapter cable. Hyundai recommends that the GDS is connected to AC power during reprogramming.
* Turn off all lamps (do not leave the headlamp switch in auto mode). Turn off all accessories (heater, A/C, blower, radio, seat warmer, etc.) to prevent battery discharge during the update.
* Perform the update with the ignition switch in the ON position.
* Be careful not to disconnect any cables connected to the vehicle or scan tool during the update.
* Do not start the engine during the update.
* Do not turn off the ignition switch during the update.
* Make sure that the GDS system has the latest Internet update.
AUTOMATIC UPDATE PROCEDURE USING THE GDS
(NOTE: If voltage is below 12 V, click Cancel and then run the engine to assure an adequate battery state of charge for reliable update results).