The following Mitsubishi misfire DTCs can be set due to fuel aeration caused by low fuel level.
* P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire detected)
* P0301 (Cylinder 1 misfire detected)
* P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire detected)
* P0303 (Cylinder 3 misfire detected)
* P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire detected)
* P0305 (Cylinder 5 misfire detected)
* P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire detected)
All 1995 and later Mitsubishi powertrain models with On-Board Diagnostics are capable of setting these misfire DTCs.
Add the following information to DTCs P0300 through P0306 diagnosis procedures:
Fuel aeration due to low fuel level (most likely causes)
- Ignition system related part(s) failed
- Poor crankshaft position sensor
- Incorrect air/fuel ratio
- Low compression pressure
- Skipping of timing belt teeth
- EGR system and EGR calve failed
- PCM failed
To prevent damage to scan tool MB991958, always turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” (OFF) position before connecting or disconnecting the scan tool.
PreviousSubaru strainer revision
NextFord GTDI runs rough