This TSB applies to 2010-2012 Nissan Altima sedan and coupe vehicles equipped with the QR25DE 4-cylinder engine with California emissions only.
The idle speed may fluctuate from approximately 1,000 to 2,000 rpm during all of the following conditions:
- Occurs for no more than one minute after the engine is started.
- Only when the engine is cold.
- Only when the transmission is in Park or Neutral.
Idle speed is normal (stable) when the engine warms to normal operating temperature. Note: This incident may occur immediately after an oil change.
- Connect a battery charger to the vehicle battery. If the 12V battery voltage drops during reprogramming the ECM may be damaged.
- Be sure to turn off all vehicle electrical loads to avoid ECM damage.
- For ECM reprogramming, the CONSULT PC must be connected to the VI using the USB cable, or the process may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
- Be sure to connect the AC adapter. If the CONSULT PC battery voltage drops during reprogramming, the process will be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
- Turn off all external Bluetooth devices (cell phone, etc.) within range of the CONSULT PC and the VI. If Bluetooth signal waves are within range of the CONSULT PC during reprogramming, reprogramming may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
Model Engine Trans. Current ECM P/N: 23710-
2010 Altima QR25DE CVT ZX12A, ZX12B, ZX12C
2010 Altima QR25DE MT ZX13A, ZX13B, ZX13C
2011 Altima QR25DE CVT ZX58A
2011 Altima QR25DE MT ZX59A
2012 Altima QR25DE CVT 9HC0A, 9HC0B, 9HC0C, 9HC0D
2012 Altima QR25DE MT 9HC1A, 9HC1B, 9HC1C, 9HC1D