Some 2010-2011 Ford Transit Connect vehicles may exhibit an excessive engine vibration at idle, most noticeable when the transmission is engaged in reverse.
This condition may be caused by small stones, road debris, ice or snow lodged in the rear engine roll restrictor.
- Inspect the rear engine roll restrictor for debris.
- Remove any debris from the roll restrictor.
- Remove the cross member-to-roll restrictor.
- Using a suitable tool such as an Exacto knife, remove excess pad material within the rectangled area. The pad must be properly aligned on the roll restrictor as to not interfere with clamping force. No material should be trapped between the roll restrictor and the crossmember.
- Install the roll restrictor, torquing the bolt to 52 ft.-lbs..
Inspect the rectangular area of the roll restrictor and remove any debris or excess pad material.