The new coverage in Snap-on Software Bundle 13.2 includes additional diagnostic capabilities for over 63 million vehicles. Snap-on Diagnostics says the software upgrade offers 54,000 new codes, tests, tips and data going back to 1998 for all major makes, plus new 2012 domestic and Asian model year coverage for Acura, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Kia and Mitsubishi
Optional European coverage is also available for nine European makes: Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Smart Car, Volkswagen and Volvo. This newest release includes the largest addition of enhancements for BMW to date, including codes, data and tests for the parking brake - without this function the brake pads can’t be replaced; body controls modules and HVAC, allowing techs to bi-directionally activate body and HVAC components, drastically reducing diagnostic time.
Software Bundle 13.2 and optional European software is available for Verus, Verdict, Solus Family platforms, in addition to Modis and Ethos diagnostic tools.
“With Software Bundle 13.2 and optional European software, new and enhanced features and coverage, which also includes all of the coverage from previous software releases, technicians who upgrade will improve repair accuracy, fixing more cars faster which means more profit,” said Bill Bruno, vice president of sales and marketing at Snap-on Diagnostics. “Our new software is loaded with tests, functions and systems that will keep the work in the shop and out of the dealership.”
Software Bundle 13.2 upgrade benefits include:
* Reduce the time to diagnose and fix Chrysler vehicles with engine misfire detection for 2004 and newer CAN vehicles;
* Quickly find misfires with the Chrysler and GM diesel engine tests, which includes a cylinder performance test;
* Finalize repairs in house with the Ford 6.4L diesel particulate filter (DPF) manual regeneration and Chrysler DPF stationary de-soot;
* Use factory-level capabilities for GM Vehicle’s theft deterrent System to access information needed to find out why the engine won’t start; and
* Increase diagnostic tool performance with added HVAC systems for Nissan, Infiniti and Suzuki.
Snap-on Diagnostics is part of Snap-on Incorporated. To learn more about the new Software Bundle 13.2, visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com/.