Honda reports 2006-2011 Civic models except Si and GX may exhibit an MIL with DTC P2422 (EVAP canister vent shut valve stuck closed malfunction).
The probable cause involves spider webs clogging the EVAP canister vent tube. The corrective action requires replacement of the EVAP canister vent tube.
Canister drain tube (2007-2011 models)…..17744-SNA-A01
Canister drain tube (2006 models)…………17744-SNA-A10
- Raise the vehicle on a lift.
- Remove the EVAP canister cover.
- Locate both ends of the EVAP canister vent tube.
- Detach the vent tube mounting clips.
- Disconnect the vent tube from the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body.
- Remove the left front fuel tank support strap bolt, and loosen the rear bolt.
- Remove the original EVAP canister vent tube and install the replacement tube.
- Reinstall the left front fuel tank support strap bolt and torque both strap bolts to 28 lb-ft.
- Connect the vent tube to the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body.
- Secure the vent tube with the mounting clips.
- Reinstall the EVAP canister cover.
- Clear the DTC with HDS, then run the EVAP system function test. If the vehicle passes the test, the repair is complete. If not, continue with normal troubleshooting.
With the EVAP cover removed, note the location of the EVAP canister and vent tube.
Disconnect the vent tube mounting clips with a small screwdriver.
Install the replacement vent tube in the original location.