Doug Evans of Source Interlink Media has been elected the chairman-elect of the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and joins two newly elected board members to help lead the association for the 2013–2015 term.
Evans fills the position held for the past two years by Nate Shelton of B&M Automotive Group. Shelton will begin serving his term as chairman in July.
The newly elected SEMA Board volunteers are Kyle Fickler of Weld Racing and Tim Watts of Superlift Suspension. Jeff Bates of Bob Cook Sales was re-elected and will serve another term.
2013–2014 SEMA board of directors
Chairman of the board: Nate Shelton, B&M Automotive Group
Chairman-elect: Doug Evans, Source Interlink Media
Immediate-Past Chairman: Scooter Brothers – COMP Performance Group
• Jeff Bates – Principal/Partner, Bob Cook Sales
• Jim Bingham – President and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
• Luanne Brown – President & CEO, eTool Developers
• Nick Gramelspacher – National Sales Manager, Meyer Distributing
• John Hotchkis – President, Hotchkis Performance LLC
• Kyle Fickler - Vice President of Sales, Weld Racing
• JR Moore – Director, Warehouse Operations, Performance Warehouse
• Russell Stephens – President, MSD Performance
• Tim Watts – Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Superlift Suspension
• Steve Wolcott – CEO, ProMedia LLC
John Johnson of The Spartan Group will serve as secretary/treasurer, and Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
The newly elected SEMA board of directors will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Banquet & Gala Fundraiser, Friday, July 26, at the Sheraton Fairplex Conference Center, Pomona, California. Also during the banquet, outgoing Board members Greg Adler of Transamerican Auto Parts, Joel Ayres of Bedslide/Takit Inc., Jim Chick of Bestop Inc., Donnie Eatherly of P&E Distributors, Myles Kovacs of DUB Publishing Inc., Tim Martin of K&N Engineering, Van Woodell of Weathers Auto Supply, and Jeep Worthan of Auto Meter will be recognized and honored for their service and their contributions to the industry. The event will also feature a special tribute to the 2013 SEMA Hall of Fame Inductees—George Barris, Eric Grant, Wade Kawasaki and Joe Schubeck.