Hyundai released a procedure to replace the transmission electric oil pump seals on the 2011 Sonata HEV.
OIL PUMP SEAL P/N
- Squeeze the tab and disconnect the connector above the oil pump.
- Use a screwdriver to push the gray tab to the left and remove the connector.
- Squeeze the tab and remove the connector for the fluid pressure switch.
- Remove two bolts and one nut and remove the electric oil pump.
- Install two oil seals at locations 1 and 2. Confirm that one O-ring is installed on the electric pump. This O-ring is available only with a new electric oil pump (P/N 46120-3D000). Install the pump and tighten the two bolts and the nut to 18-22 ft.-lbs.
- Reconnect the connectors to the oil pump and the fluid pressure switch.
- Check the ATF level.
- Move the shift lever to Park and turn the ignition to “EV Ready.” Check for leaks from the oil pump. Attach a GDS and select A/T menu and Current Data. In “EV Ready” mode, confirm the oil pump speed actual rpm is above 400 rpm when the engine is off.
- Drive the vehicle and confirm proper operation.
Oil leaks indicate the need for new seals.
Note the O-ring locations 1 and 2.
Disconnect the connector above the oil pump.
Note the location of the fluid pressure switch.
According to Hyundai, the O-ring on the pump itself is only available with a new pump.