This TSB applies to a range of Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles including the following:
- 1998-2002 Crown Victoria, Mustang, Taurus
- 1998-1999 F-250 LD
- 1998-2001 Explorer
- 1998-2002 E-Series, Expedition, F-150, Ranger, Windstar
- 1999-2002 Super Duty F-Series
- 2000-2002 Excursion, Explorer Sport
- 2001-2001 Explorer Sport Trac
- 1998-2002 Continental, Town Car, Navigator
- 2002 Blackwood
- 1998-2002 Grand Marquis, Sable
- 1998-2001 Mountaineer
Some ignition switch lock cylinder assemblies may exhibit the following highly intermittent conditions:
- Roughness and/or excessive effort in turning the key from RUN to START position.
- Key does not fully return from START to RUN after starting the engine. This may result in intermittent accessory function.
- Continental only – A malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) may illuminate with DTCs P0500, P1502 and U1039 stored in PCM memory. This may be caused by a key-in-ignition warning chime switch.
Replace the key-in-ignition warning chime switch, located on the ignition switch lock cylinder, with revised part XL2Z-11A127-AB. Refer to the following procedure:
NOTE: Some vehicles do not feature an access hole, requiring lower shroud removal.
NextAudi cam position