This TSB applies to 2011 Infiniti G25 models (equipped with the VQ25HR engine) with a MIL on and DTC P050E (cold start control).
Refer to Step 2 in the ECM Reprogramming section of the service procedure to confirm that this bulletin applies. If this TSB does apply, you’ll need to reprogram the ECM.
1. Connect C-111 to the vehicle. Connect a battery charger to the vehicle battery. If the 12V battery voltage drops during reprogramming, the ECM may be damaged. Be sure to turn off all vehicle electrical loads to avoid ECM damage. For ECM reprogramming, the C-111 MUST be connected to the VI using the USB cable, or the process may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged. Be sure to connect the AC adapter to avoid voltage drop. Also, turn off all external Bluetooth devices (cell phones, printers, etc.) within range of the C-III computer and the VI. If Bluetooth signal waves are within range of the C-III during reprogramming, reprogramming may be interrupted and the ECM may be damaged.
2. When you get to the ECM Reprogramming screen shown in Figure 1, confirm that this bulletin applies. On your C-III screen, look at the Part Number column. If this column is blank, this bulletin does not apply. Close C-111 and refer to ASIST for further diagnostic information. If a part number is listed, write it on the repair order.
Compare the part number you wrote down to the part numbers listed below. If there is a match, this bulletin applies. Continue with reprogramming. Note: If more than two lines (reprogramming options) display on your C-III screen, use the one that DOES NOT have the following message: “Caution! Use ONLY with ITBXX-XXX.”
MODEL VEHICLE CONFIGURATION CURRENT ECM P/N 23710
2011 G25 2WD 1NM0C, 1NM0B, 1NM0A
2011 G25 4WD 1NM1C, INM1B, 1NM1A
3. If this bulletin applies and you have performed ECM reprogramming, the screen in Figure 2 appears when
reprogramming is complete.
4. Erase all DTCs from all systems.
5. Test drive the vehicle to verify operation and to verify that the MIL is off