This TSB applies to 2012-2013 Dodge Journey vehicles equipped with a 3.6L or 2.4L engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission, built before Oct. 23, 2012.
The customer may complain about any of the following:
- MIL on (with DTC P0108 – manifold absolute pressure sensor circuit high may have been set active or stored with the 3.6L engine…this involves 2012 vehicles only).
- 1-2 upshift clunk or bump
- 3-4 harsh upshift at closed throttle after a WOT stab in 1st or 2nd gear.
- 4-5 upshift clunk or bump
- 5-6 upshift clunk or bump (only 3.6L)
- 6-5 downshift clunk or bump (only 3.6L)
- 6-4 downshift clunk or bump (only 3.6L)
- RPM fluctuating or jerking feeling while in cruise control.
- 1-2 harsh upshift going down a grade (2.4L)
- 3-2 downshift clunk or bump (2.4L)
- 4-3 downshift clunk or bump (2.4L)
Using a scan tool (wiTECH) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify that all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs other than those listed here are present, record and repair as needed before proceeding further.
Reflashing is necessary to address the shifting issues.
Install a battery charge to ensure that battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts. Do not allow battery voltage to climb above 13.5 volts during the flash process.