Some 2007-2009 Mazda B-Series vehicles equipped with the 4.0L engine may exhibit a noisy (screech/grind) starter if the ignition key is returned too slowly to the release position upon starting. Additionally, some vehicles may exhibit a delayed engagement from Park or Neutral to Drive or Reverse.
- Always update the IDS tool first, the follow on-screen instructions to download the needed calibration file for PCM reprogramming.
- It is not necessary to remove any fuses or relays during PCM reprogramming when the IDS screen prompts you to do so. You may accidentally stop power to one of the PCM terminals and cause the PCM to be blanked, or you may receive error messages during the IDS reprogramming procedure.
- IDS shows the calibration part numbers after reprogramming the PCM.
- Be aware that PCM calibration part numbers and the file names listed in any service bulletin may change due to future releases of IDS software, and additional revisions made to those calibrations for service related concerns.
- When reprogramming a PCM, IDS will always display the latest calibration P/N available for that vehicle. If any calibration has been revised/updated to contain new information for a new service concern/issue, it will also contain all previously released calibrations.
- When performing this procedure, a battery charger should be installed to the vehicle battery and turned on to a maximum charge of no more than 20 amps to keep the vehicle battery up to capacity. Do not exceed 20 amps.