This TSB applies to 2013 Honda Accords and Crosstour models. Either one or both keyless remotes do not lock or unlock the doors, or the engine will not start unless the remote is placed very close to the engine start/stop button.
The probable cause is faulty keyless access control unit software. The corrective action involves replacing the keyless access control unit.
NOTE: Before replacing the keyless access control unit, you must have all of the customer’s keyless remotes. If not, all missing remotes will have to be registered during a subsequent repair.
Keyless Access (Smart Power) Control Unit
2013 Accord 2-door:
P/N 38329-T3L-A11 (M/T)
P/N 38329-T3L-A01 (A/T)
2013 Accord 4-door:
P/N 38329-T2A-A11 (M/T)
P/N 38329-T2A-A01 (A/T)
P/N 38329-T2A-A21 (Touring)
Try to unlock the vehicle doors with the keyless remote (make sure that the battery in the remote is good by checking the LED operation), and try to start the engine with the keyless remote in your pocket. If the engine will not start, place the keyless remote close to the engine start/stop button and try to start again.
- If you can lock/unlock the vehicle doors with the keyless remote and start the engine with the keyless remote in your pocket, this bulletin does not apply. Continue with normal troubleshooting.
- If you cannot lock/unlock the doors or start the engine unless the keyless remote is very close to the start/stop button, go to the repair procedure.
- Remove the harness clip.
- Remove the junction box clip.
- Disconnect the keyless access control unit connectors.
- Remove the keyless access control unit from the steering hanger beam.
REGISTER THE NEW CONTROL UNIT
NOTE: Do not exit or interrupt the registration process once it has begun. Take your time and follow the screen prompts carefully.
Connect a battery booster to the vehicle’s battery. Be sure to have only one remote in the vehicle at a time during registration. All other remotes to be programmed must be kept at least six feet away from the vehicle.