Federal-Mogul Motorparts is helping 12 students enrolled in automotive technology programs achieve their goal of becoming a “top technician” through a total of $30,000 in scholarships awarded in conjunction with the launch of the company’s Garage Gurus technical education network.
A division of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp., Motorparts announced the winners of $2,500 scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year:
* Austin Cadman, Colorado Springs, Colo., New Mexico Junior College
* Scott Cleaver, Council Bluffs, Iowa, Iowa Western Community College
* Bridget Clifford, California, Mo., University of Northwestern Ohio
* Jessica Fluhr, East Bardstown, Ky., Elizabethtown Comm. and Tech. College
* Aidan Hicks, Eden Prairie, Minn., Dunwoody College of Technology
* Summer Miller, Decatur, Texas, Brookhaven College
* Daniel Mojica, Kissimmee, Fla., Universal Technical Institute
* Alexander Morais, Danbury, Conn., Universal Technical Institute
* Robert Morantes, South Lyon, Mich., Henry Ford College
* Christopher Polcar, Olmsted Falls, Ohio, University of Northwestern Ohio
* Billy Tipton, Green Mountain, N.C., Asheville-Buncombe Tech. Comm. College
* Thomas Wee, Pittsburgh, Pa., Rosedale Technical College
“As one of the auto care industry’s leading suppliers of premium branded parts, we embrace the responsibility to help attract and support each new generation of talented automotive service professionals,” says Brent Berman, director, training and consumer experience, Federal-Mogul Motorparts. “We look forward to the day when each of these students begins their career in the service bay, and hope they will take advantage of the ongoing technical education we provide to working professionals through the Garage Gurus network.”
Garage Gurus is a first-of-its-kind technical education network established to help professional technicians keep pace with the latest vehicle technologies. State-of-the-art Garage Gurus training centers have opened in seven major U.S. markets offering combined reach of more than 67,000 vehicle repair businesses. The network provides on-site, online and on-demand training developed and led by ASE-certified gurus, and operates a fleet of “Gurus-On-The-Go” product technology vans that visit thousands of automotive service locations.
To learn more about the Federal-Mogul Motorparts scholarship program and Garage Gurus technical education network, visit www.FMgaragegurus.com.