Centric Parts now has available a range of front and rear StopTech Big Brake Kits to fit a wide variety of 2012-and-newer BMW 2, 3 and 4 Series models. Over 50 new BMW model and trim variations have been added to the program.
These StopTech Big Brake Kits (BBK) include stiff calipers, large rotors, high friction pads, stainless steel lines and application-specific mounting brackets and hardware. The kits offer significantly improved braking performance, feel and modulation over stock systems and are available in a variety of caliper color/rotor finish options, the company notes.
The front StopTech Big Brake Kits include a pair of drilled or slotted StopTech two-piece AeroRotors and six-piston StopTech ST-60 calipers, as well as mounting brackets, stainless steel lines and StopTech Street Performance brake pads.
The rear StopTech Big Brake Kits include a pair of drilled or slotted StopTech two-piece AeroRotors and four-piston StopTech ST-40 calipers, as well as mounting brackets, stainless steel lines and StopTech Street Performance brake pads.
StopTech big brake kits have been developed through years of racing success. These brake system upgrades include:
* StopTech ST Calipers - stiff, forged, differential-bore, opposed-piston calipers with a patented bolt-in bridge that eases pad changes while increasing caliper stiffness.
* StopTech two-piece AeroRotors - pre-assembled, directional iron rotor rings with AeroVane fin design and aluminum AeroHats for optimal cooling.
* StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads – Kevlar-like, para-aramid composite pads for aggressive street driving and occasional track day or autocross use.
* StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines - braided stainless steel shielded Teflon-like lines for less system compliance and durability.
* Mounting brackets and hardware – hard-anodized, billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs and all of the necessary hardware for easy installation.