Centric Parts has announced the availability of a range of front StopTech Big Brake Kits to fit a wide variety of Audi and Volkswagen models.
Over 50 new VW and Audi model and trim variations have been added to the StopTech catalog. StopTech Big Brake Kits (BBKs) include stiffer calipers, larger rotors, higher friction pads, stainless steel lines and application-specific mounting brackets and hardware. Like all StopTech High Performance BBKs, they offer significantly improved braking performance, feel and modulation over stock systems and are available in a variety of caliper color/rotor finish options, the company notes.
The front StopTech Big Brake Kits for these Audi and VW models include a pair of drilled or slotted StopTech one- or two--piece AeroRotors and four- or six-piston StopTech ST calipers, as well as mounting brackets, stainless steel lines and StopTech Sport brake pads.
StopTech big brake kits have been developed through years of racing success. The brake system upgrades include:
* StopTech ST calipers - stiffer, forged, differential-bore, opposed-piston calipers with a patented bolt-in bridge that eases pad changes while increasing caliper stiffness.
* StopTech one- or two-piece AeroRotors - Oversized one-piece performance rotors or pre-assembled, two-piece iron rotor rings with AeroVane fin design and aluminum AeroHats for optimal cooling – depending on the kit.
* StopTech Sport brake pads – Kevlar-like, para-aramid composite pads for aggressive street driving and occasional track day or autocross use.
* StopTech stainless steel brake lines - braided stainless steel shielded Teflon®-like lines for less system compliance and greater durability.
* Mounting brackets and hardware – hard-anodized, billet aluminum mounting brackets with stainless steel studs and all of the necessary hardware for easy installation.
With stiffer components and patented heat management technology, all StopTech High Performance Brake Kits provide shorter stopping distances, better brake modulation, firmer pedal feel and less brake fade for stronger, more reliable performance on and off the track.