Some 2008-2010 Toyota Sequoia and 2007-2010 Tundra vehicles may exhibit a grinding noise from the front of the vehicle while in 4WD. An updated differential support bolt is available to address this concern. This condition may be present on early production 4WD vehicles equipped with the 2UZ-FE engine and Tundra vehicles produced at TMM.
The new replacement bolt is available as P/N 90105-A0181.
1. Test drive the vehicle to confirm the problem.
2. Place the vehicle on a lift and remove the left front wheel.
3. Inspect the front differential support bolt for separation. If the bolt is separated, perform the replacement procedure.
4. Remove the differential support bolt.
5. Clean the bracket and surrounding area.
6. Install the new differential support bolt, tightening to 89 ft.-lbs.
7. Fill the bracket with Loctite 5040 until sealant can be seen coming out of the bracket opening. Allow the sealant to set up for 12 minutes.
8. Inspect the surrounding area for damage.
9. Test drive to confirm the fix.