This bulletin applies to 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles built on or after Oct. 23, 2017, and on or before May 24, 2018, equipped with Adaptive Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, where the headlamps will not turn on.
This condition happens when the headlamps are first turned on and this can be intermittent.
Using a scan tool, verify that all related systems are functioning properly. If DTCs or other symptoms are found, address these before proceeding.
Park the vehicle in an area where you can see the reflection of the headlamps.
1. Turn on the headlamp switch for 20 seconds, then turn off for 3 seconds.
2. Turn the lamps on for 3 seconds, then turn off for 3 seconds. Repeat this 20 times.
3. Wait for 60 seconds after completing Step 2.
4. Turn the headlamps on for 3 seconds then off for 3 seconds. Repeat this step 20 times.
5. Both headlamps should work. If one or both fail, replace the bulbs.