Infiniti offers a power socket removal/installer tool applicable to 2004 and later models. The tool is offered as P/N J-42059. Tool use is as follows:
1. Remove the fuse for the power socket.
2. Insert one end of the tool into one of the square holes inside the socket.
3. Lift up the tool handle until the other end inside the socket slides in and snaps into the other square hole (holes are located 180-degrees apart).
4. Pull the socket straight out with the tool.
5. When installing the power socket, make sure to align the tab with the notched area of the socket’s receiver hole.