Some 2012 Ford Edge vehicles built on or before 11/23/2011 and equipped with a 2.0L engine may exhibit a MIL on with DTC P00C6. In addition, some vehicles may also exhibit a long crank time condition.
1. Use IDS (integrated diagnostic system) tool to perform a low pressure fuel system test. Select the following from the IDS:
- Fuel system test
- Low pressure test
Did the low pressure fuel system test pass? If yes, proceed to Step 2. If failed, proceed to Step 3.
2. Perform a pinpoint test HP high pressure fuel delivery system. Did the high pressure fuel system test pass? If yes, continue with normal diagnostics. If failed, proceed to Step 3.
3. Remove the fuel tank.
4. Inspect the fuel pump module (fuel sender and pump assembly). Note the part number located on top of the module. If the P/N is CT43-9H307-CE, proceed to Step 5. If the P/N is CT43-9H307-CF, this procedure does not apply. Reinstall the fuel tank and continue with normal diagnostics.
5. Replace the fuel pump module and O-ring seal and reinstall the fuel tank.
6. Clear all DTCs and confirm that the condition is resolved.