This bulletin applies to 2013 BMW 320i vehicles produced in Germany up to March 20, 2012, (identified with an “F” in the chassis number; or produced in South Africa up to Oct. 1, 2012), where the engine may not start due to a loose ground.
One or more of the following may occur sporadically:
- The engine does not start
- The engine stops running
- The air conditioning compressor does not turn on
- Reverse lights do not work
- The transmission does not shift into gear
- Various chassis and engine check control messages
The cause may be a loose ground point Z6000*4B on the engine block, near the starter.
Check and tighten the ground point Z6000*4B to 8 Nm. Clear all fault codes that might have been stored if the ground was found to be loose.