Goodson Tools & Supplies for Engine Builders has added more sizes, grits and abrasives to its line of crankshaft polishing belts.
The newest addition is the Blue 800 grit belt, which has a film substrate, a durable Mylar joint and scrum backing. The scrum backing acts as cushion for the abrasive to control pressure on the face of the belt. The scrum backing also prevents the film backing from grooving the rollers on the polisher, according to Chris Jensen of Goodson’s tech department.
In addition to this Blue 800 grit belt, Goodson has expanded its selection of premium ruby aluminum-oxide crankshaft polishing belts and standard aluminum-oxide crankshaft polishing belts to include belts from ¾ inches to 2 inches wide in lengths of 60 inches, 64 inches, 70 inches, 72 inches and 77 inches. Grits start at 240.
Rounding out Goodson’s crankshaft polishing belt assortment are:
- scalloped premium ceramic micro polishing belts;
- fine finish aluminum-oxide polishing belts;
- Scotch-Brite-style micro and super-micro polishing belts;
- standard scalloped edge polishing belts; and
- abrasive cork super fine finish polishing belts.
For more information, contact Goodson at 1-800-533-8010 or visit www.goodson.com.