This bulletin applies to 2010-2011 Ford Flex, 2010 Edge, MKX, F-150, E-Series Focus, Taurus, MKS, Fusion and MKZ vehicles with any of the following engines: 2.0L. 3.5L (excluding GTDI), 3.7L and 4.6L 2V. Some vehicles may exhibit DTCs P2111, P2112 or the idle speed drops lower than desired and/or fluctuates.
The idle speed concern can be intermittent and DTCs P2111 or P2112 may or may not be present.
1. Determine the engine build date.
a. If the engine build date is within the range indicated below, proceed to Step 2.
- 0L…………2/11/2010 - 8/2/2010
- 5L and 3.7L…3/1/2010 – 8/3/2010
- 6L 2V………5/7/2010 – 8/2/2010
b. If the engine build date is not within the above range, refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnostics manual for normal diagnostics.
2. If the vehicle exhibits any of the following symptoms, replace the throttle body.
- DTC P2111 and/or P2112
- Idle speed lower than desired
- Idle speed fluctuates