This TSB involves flash reprogramming the powertrain control module (PCM), or for vehicles equipped with a 2.8L turbo diesel engine, flash reprogramming the transmission control module (TCM) with new software. This applies to 2008 Chrysler Pacifica, 2008-2009 Town & Country/Grand Voyager, 2009-2010 Journey and 2007-2009 Sebring, Avenger and Sebring convertible vehicles.
Some customers may notice that the engine can achieve higher rpms than normal after an unusual shift condition. This condition can happen if the driver shifted the vehicle from drive to neutral then back to drive (D-N-D) with their foot on the accelerator while driving at interstate highway speeds. The update software corrects this condition.
- Reprogram the PCM with the latest software. Follow the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT. Refer to Group 8 – Electrical > Electronic Control Modules – Service Information > Module – Powertrain Control > Standard Procedures > PCM/ECM Programming – Gas. After PCM reprogramming, the following must be performed:
- Clear the Variable Line Pressure (VLP) Counters, found in the wiTECH Misc Function menu for the PCM ECU. VLP Clear Counters must be completed o all models.
- Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming.
- Perform the Quick Learn function, found in the wiTECH Misc Function menu for the PCM ECU.
- Type the necessary information on the authorized modifications label and attach it near the VECI label.