Owners of some 2007-2008 Mazda CX-9 vehicles produced before June 25, 2007, may complain that the second row seat does not slide. The overlap between the slide latch lever on the seat frame and the receiver may be insufficient. The slide latch lever is not contacting the receiver and is unable to release the latch in the long slider to allow the seat to slide for easy entry.
- Verify the concern.
- Remove the suspect seat. Refer to workshop manual section 09.13 SECOND ROW SEAT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.
- Place the seat on its back (protecting the seat with a fender cover or other material to prevent damage).
- Pull the handle on the side of the seat back and fold the seat back as for walk-in position.
- Starting on either side of the seat frame rail, insert a screwdriver between the lever and the frame to maintain a 0.08 – 0.12 in. (2-3 mm) gap.
- With the screwdriver maintaining the proper clearance, bend the lever by hand so that the edge of the lever is 1.0 – 1.2 in. (27-30 mm) from the frame.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the lever on the other side of the seat frame rail.
- Return the seat to the normal position. Confirm that the lever operation is smooth by operating the handle on the side of the seat back.
- Reinstall the seat. Once installed, look under the seat and confirm that the overlap of each lever is ¼ to ½ in. (7-11 mm). Verify proper operation of the seat by operating the handle on the side of the seat back.