This TSB involves Chrysler flash reprogramming the PCM (or for vehicles equipped with a 2.8L turbo diesel engine, flash reprogramming the TCM (transmission control module) with new software.
This reflashing TSB applies to 2007-2009 Sebring, Avenger and Sebring convertible, 2008 Pacifica, 2009-2010 Journey and 2008-2009 Town & Country & Grand Voyager models.
This bulletin applies to:
- 2008 CS vehicles built with a 4.0L engine (sales code EGL or EGQ) and a 62TE automatic transmission (sales code DG2).
- 2008 and 2009 RT vehicles built with a 2.8L engine (sales code ENS) and a 62TE automatic transmission built before March 24, 2009.
- 2009 RT vehicles built with a 3.8L/4.0L engine (sales code EGL or EGQ) and a 62TE automatic transmission built before May 11, 2009.
- 2009 JC vehicles built with a 2/7L/3.5L engine (sales code EER or EGF) and a 62TE automatic transmission.
- 2010 JC international vehicles only built with a 2.7L engine (sales code EER) and a 62TE automatic transmission built before May 11, 2010.
- 2007-2009 JS vehicles built with a 2.7L/3.5L engine (sales code EER or EGF) and a 62TE automatic transmission.
Some customers may notice that the engine achieves higher rpm's than normal after an unusual shift condition. This condition can happen if the driver shifted the vehicle from drive to neutral then back to drive (D-N-D) with their foot on the accelerator while driving at interstate highway speeds. The updated software corrects this condition.
Using a scan tool (wiTECH or StarMOBILE) with the appropriate diagnostic procedures available in TechCONNECT, verify that all engine systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are present, record and repair as necessary before proceeding with this bulletin.
1. Reprogram the PCM with the latests software. Follow the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT. Refer to Group 8 – Electrical>Electronic Control Modules – Service Information > Module – Powertrain Control > Standard Procedures > PCM/ECM Programming – Gas. After PCM reprogramming, the following must be performed:
a. Clear the Variable Line Pressure (VLP) Counters, found in the wiTECH Misc. Function menu for the PCM ECU. VLP Clear Counters must be completed on all models.
b. Clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming.
c. Perform the Quick Learn function, found in the wiTECH Misc. Function menu for the PCM ECU.
2. Type the necessary information on th “Authorized Modification Label” and attach it near the VECI label.