Some 2008-2009 Toyota Camry HV vehicles may exhibit a MIL-on with P2238 (oxygen sensor pumping current circuit low /Bank 1, Sensor 1) or P2237 (oxygen sensor pumping circuit open / Bank 1, Sensor 1).
An improved engine wiring harness has been developed to address this condition.
This TSB applies to vehicles built before the effective production change as follows:
MODEL PLANT PRODUCTION CHANGE EFFECTIVE VIN
CAMRY TMMK 4T1BB46K#9U080445
Previous p/n Current P/N Part
82121-33B51 same wire, engine
82121-06B70 same wire, engine
17177-0H010 same gasket, int. manifold to head, No. 1
TIS Techstream P/N TSPKG1 (software version 3.01.000 or later required)
Safety gloves 00002-03100-S (small)
- Using TIS Techstream, check for stored DTCs.
- Verify DTC(s) P2238 and/or P2237 are present. If other A/F sensor DTCs are present along with the afore-mentioned DTCs, this TSB does not apply. Follow repair manual procedures to diagnose.
- Follow repair manual procedures to inspect the A/F sensor heater and engine rool junction block (A/F relay). Refer to the TIS, applicable model year Camry HV repair manual.
- 2008/2009 Camry HV. Engine/Hybrid System – Engine Control – 2AZ-FXE Engine Control System: SFI System: P2237; Oxygen (A/F) Sensor Pumping Current Circuit / Open (Bank 1 Sensor 1).
- If the A/F sensor heater and engine room junction block (A/F relay) are within repair manual specifications, replace the engine wire harness. It is necessary to remove the intake manifold and inverter assembly to access the engine wire harness.
- For inverter assembly removal: 2008/2009 Camry HV, Engine/Hybrid System – Hybrid/battery Control System – P311 Hybrid Vehicle Control: Inverter with Converter: Removal.
- For intake manifold removal: 2008/2009 Camry HV, Engine/Hybrid System – Engine Mechanical – 2AZ-FXE Engine Mechanical: Engine Assembly: Removal.
- For inverter assembly installation: 2008/2009 Camry HV, Engine/Hybrid System – Hybrid/Battery Control System – P311 Hybrid Vehicle Control: Inverter with Converter: Installation.
- For intake manifold installation: 2008/2009 Camry HV, Engine/Hybrid System – Engine Mechanical – 2AZ-FXE Engine Mechanical: Engine Assembly: Installation.
- After engine wire harness replacement, clear DTCs and verify that no DTCs reset. Then warm the engine to operating temperature and test drive to verify the repair.