If the HomeLink system on a 2011-2013 Nissan vehicle will not operate or operates improperly:
- Make sure that the vehicle is not in “Transit Mode” (if equipped). Refer to NTB10-124 for Transit Mode details.
- Verify that the “Extended Storage Switch” is in the “Customer Delivery” position (if equipped).
- Confirm that the customer is familiar with the HomeLink programming procedure located in the vehicle’s owner’s manual.
- Test HomeLink operation with special tool HomeLink Transmitter Tester J-41540.
- If HomeLink tests OK, confirm compatibility of the vehicle’s HomeLin with the customer’s equipment by contacting HomeLink support at 800-355-3515. It is recommended to have the customer contact HomeLink support from their home. For example, a 2011 vehicle equipped with HomeLink 3 is not compatible with a customer’s garage door opener with MyQ remote technology. HomeLink 3 can be made compatible with MyQ with a “repeater.”
- If HomeLink tests no-good, perform repair as outlined in the appropriate Electronic Service Manual.