2010 Kia Soul vehicles equipped with the 2.0L engine built between Job 1 and 3-3-2009 may have an under-torqued A/C idler pulley nut that may be related to belt squeal.
- Check for a yellow or orange paint dot on the right front strut tower. If the yellow or orange dot is present, no further action is required. If the paint dot is not present, proceed with the following repair.
- Raise and properly support the vehicle.
- remove the right front engine splash shield.
- Tighten the idler pulley retaining nut to 32-36 ft.-lbf. (43-48 Nm). Notice: the use of a crowfoot socket is required to access the nut due to body interference.
- Reinstall the splash shield.