A drumming noise from the right front strut tower area when the steering wheel is being turned to the left has been reported in the 2013 Nissan Altima, while moving at a speed under 15 mph.
- Remove the right side strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Replace the strut coil spring with model-specific part:
- L4 engine…………..P/N 54010 3TA0A
- V6 engine………….P/N 54010 3TA0B
- While the strut is out of the vehicle, clean witness marks of any rust, corrosion, etc.
- Apply Zinc-Rich Primer within 12mm on and around the witness mark area and allow to dry.
- Apply Bitumen Wax P/N 999MP-9G001P within 12mm on and around the witness mark area and allow to dry.
Reinstall the strut assembly. Refer to the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) for the correct procedure for replacement of the coil spring.