NGK Spark Plugs (U.S.A.) Inc. was recently recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 21st annual Ford World Excellence Awards. NGK was presented with a Smart Brand Pillar Award by Hau Thai-Tang, Ford Motor Co. chief product development and purchasing officer and Linda Cash, Ford vice president, quality and new model programs.
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence in 10 categories, including:
- Quality, sustainability, safe and smart categories for suppliers that demonstrate leadership in Ford’s primary brand pillars
- Aligned business framework for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
- Special recognition for suppliers that delivered results exceeding expectations
- Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year to honor suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
- Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year
NGK has been in business since 1936. Today, NGK Spark Plugs manufactures ignition products, oxygen sensors, technical sensors and vehicle electronics for virtually every automotive manufacturer in the world.
NGK serves OE automotive and aftermarket customers with spark plugs for motorcycle, power sports, marine and small engine manufacturers. NGK also offers complementary product lines including resistor caps, spark plug wires, and high-performance cables.
In North America, NGK is headquartered in Wixom, Mich., and maintains manufacturing, inventory and distribution facilities in Irvine, Calif.; Sissonville, W.V.; and Chicago, Ill.