The nonprofit TechForce Foundation has selected five finalists in the 2018 Techs Rock Awards. The grand prize winner will be chosen through a public online vote. Voting closes at on Dec. 18, 2018, at 4 p.m. PST.
The five finalists were winners in their respective categories. The categories and the winners are:
- Rookie of the Year: Andrew Fields, Rob Sight Ford, Kansas City, Mo.
- Die Hard Tech: Erik Craddock, Firestone Complete Autocare, Appleton, Wis.
- Pay It Forward: Michael Cole, Kunes County Ford, Delavan, Wis.
- Outstanding Mentor: Shane Conley, Suzuki Motors of America, Brea, Calif.
- Barrier Buster: Wayne Quiggins, Southern Cycles, Apopka, Fla.
Category winners were selected by a panel of five industry judges. Each winner received a prize tool voucher, sponsored by Snap-on, valued at $1,000.
The grand prize winner, as determined by the online vote, will receive roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations in Scottsdale, Ariz., for Auto Week 2019, where they’ll be honored at the annual TechForce Foundation Leadership Summit.
To read profiles of the category winners and to cast your vote, go to the Techs Rocks Award page on the TechForce Foundation website.
About TechForce Foundation
TechForce Foundation is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) with the mission to champion students to and through their technical education and into careers as professional technicians. TechForce awards more than $2.0 million in scholarships and grants annually, thanks to corporate sponsors and donors, and spearheads FutureTech Success, the industry-wide initiative to encourage and support more young people to pursue the vehicle technician profession.
For more information, visit techforcefoundation.org.