The Timken Co. announced it has expanded its limited warranty for commercial vehicle wheel end components when purchased and installed together.
For on-highway vehicles, the limited warranty ranges from five to seven years for a trailer depending on the Timken products purchased and installed together with unlimited mileage, and two to five years for trucks depending on the Timken products purchased and installed together and mileage.
“We’re pleased to offer our customers this extra wheel-end system warranty as another complement to our system approach for wheel end part selection,” says Dan Humphrey, Timken manager for the commercial vehicle aftermarket. “Fleet maintainers who choose Timken get extended protection in addition to easy installation, correctly fitting components and reliable performance to keep their vehicles on the road.”
Timken recently expanded its product line-up, now offering a full line of commercial vehicle wheel end components, including tapered roller bearings, seals, nuts, hub caps, hubodometers and accessory tools.
* Timken tapered roller bearings, the core of wheel end components, reflect decades of Timken design and application experience to roll easier, install faster and last longer than ever.
* Timken seals with advanced internal geometries help keep lubrication in and debris out and are available in a variety of materials and in a range of sizes to fit common power units and trailers.
* Timken Axilok easy-to-install nut is designed for more accurate end-play settings compared with typical three-piece nuts.
* Timken hub caps with durable construction and a secure fit provide a strong defense, warding off weather and helping protect wheel end components from damage.
* Timken hubodometers alert operators when it is time to bring a unit in for service.
* Hot Dots provide a visual cue for technicians and drivers to at-a-glance provide indication of overheated wheel ends.
* Timken dial indicators help take precise measurements to set the correct clearance when installing wheel end bearings.
To qualify for this commercial vehicle limited warranty, among other conditions, Timken products including bearings, seals, hubcaps and locking nuts must be purchased and installed together; be installed at a facility certified by Timken as a trained installer of Timken wheel end assembly components; and be registered with Timken at www.timken.com/cvwarranty within five days of installation.
Complete warranty details, including warranty terms, conditions, and limitations, are specific to the bundled products and can be found at www.timken.com/cvwarranty or contact your authorized Timken distributor.