Centric Parts reports its Vice President of Governmental Affairs/Logistics/Supplier Development, Steve Hughes, has been appointed to serve on the U.S. Industry Trade Advisory Committee on Automotive Equipment and Capital Goods (ITAC 2) as a representative of Centric Parts and of the U.S. aftermarket brake components and systems industry sector.
Secretary of Commerce, Penny Pritzker, and United States Trade Representative Michael Froman made the appointment on July 15, 2015.
Hughes works with the other members of ITAC 2 to provide trade policy and technical advice, information, and recommendations to the Secretary of Commerce and the United States Trade Representative regarding trade barriers, negotiation of trade agreements, and implementation of existing trade agreements. ITAC 2 also performs other advisory functions relevant to the development of U.S. trade policy as may be requested by the Secretary and the USTR, or their designees.
In addition to his service with ITAC, Hughes is a contributing member of several other industry and governmental affairs organizations. Those organizations include:
- Auto Care Association (Governmental Affairs Committee)
- Brake Manufacturers Council (BMC Council member)
- Motor Equipment Manufacturers Association (Governmental Affairs Committee)
- CAWA (Manufacturers Advisory Council and Public Affairs Committee)
- SAE Brake Dynamometer and Brake Friction committees