This bulletin applies to 2018 Jaguar E-Pace, F-Pace, F-Type, I-Pace, XE, XF and XJ models. When attempting to update or replace the Infotainment Master Control Module (IMC) or the Infotainment Slave Control Module (ISC) using Pathfinder v225, it may be noticed that the application aborts, with a displayed error message stating:
- Updating IMC: Updating of ECU IMC X351_2016_00_V7 is not possible because required flash files (LX73-19C204-AA/LX73-19C204-ADA) were not found.
- Updating ISC: Updating of ECU IMC X351_2016_00_V7 is not possible because required flash files (LX73-11E013-AA/LX73-11E013-ADA) were not found.
There are files required for the IMC or ISC update process that have not been included in the v225 release of Pathfinder. It is possible to perform a workaround to load a software file to the Jaguar Land Rover Approved Diagnostic Equipment using the Manual Patch Update process. This manual patch will stay on the JLR approved diagnostic equipment.
1. Restart the JLR approved diagnostic equipment.
2. Select “Manual Patch” icon on the application launcher screen. Make sure that both symptom driven diagnostics (SDD) and Pathfinder are closed before opening the manual patch downloader.
3. A pop-up will be displayed for manual patch downloader.
4. Enter MP_PF_L0054 in the patch name field.
5. Select “Start.”
6. The manual patch downloader will then download the manual patch.
7. When the patch download has completed, a message will be displayed asking the user to confirm that the application can run the manual patch. Select “Yes.”
8. When complete, the following message will be displayed” “Successfully downloaded and started manual patch. Please make sure that the patch has installed successfully.”
9. Start a new diagnostic session.
10. Select ECU Diagnostics.
11. Select Infotainment Master Control Module (IMC).
12. Select “Update” or “Replace ECU.”
13. Follow all on-screen instructions to complete the task.