This bulletin applies to 2009-2017 Chevy Equinox, Impala, Malibu and Traverse vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission. The MIL may be on and DTC P182E may be set as active or history in the TCM (transmission control module). The customer may also note that there is no PRNDL display.
1. Verify proper shift cable adjustment.
2. Verify proper ECM Park/Neutral switch status in all ranges.
3. Verify proper internal mode switch (IMS) A/B/C/P parameter in all ranges.
4. Operate the vehicle within the conditions for running the DTC and freeze frame/failure records data in an attempt to duplicate the DTC. If the DTC does not reset, replace the IMS (lever, manual shift detent with shaft position switch assembly). If the DTC does reset, complete the circuit/system testing steps.
5. If DTC U0101 is set as active or history in the electronic brake control module, it should be ignored, as it has been found to be falsely setting.