This bulletin applies to 2019 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque vehicles equipped with 2 2.0L diesel engine. When checking the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) level using PATHFINDER, it may incorrectly advise the need to drain fluid from the tank.
For example, the DEF tank level is 17 liters, and the PATHFINDER may tell you to drain 5 liters. PATHFINDER is incorrectly qualifying the size of the DEF tank to be 12 liters instead of 17 liters.
- Restart the JLR approved diagnostic equipment.
- Select the “Manual Patch” icon on the application launcher screen. Make sure that both symptom driven diagnostics (SDD) and PATHFINDER are closed before opening the manual patch downloader.
- A pop-up will be displayed for manual patch downloader.
- Enter MP_PF_J0002 in the Patch Name field.
- Select “Start.”
- The manual patch downloader will then download the manual patch.
- When the patch download has completed, a message will be displayed, asking the user to confirm that the application can run the manual patch. Select “Yes.”
- When complete, the following message will be displayed: “Successfully downloaded and started manual patch. Please make sure that the patch has installed correctly.”
- Start a new diagnostic screen.
- Select “Service.”
- Select “Diesel exhaust fluid level check.”
- Adjust the DEF level as required.