This bulletin applies to 2005-2013 Honda Pilot vehicles. If you’ve cleaned or replaced the throttle body, and now you have a fluctuating idle, a MIL on with DTC P2279 (intake air system leak) and/or P0507 (idle control system rpm higher than expected), it’s likely that the throttle plate is now in a different position from the one the ECM/PCM had previously learned.
To fix the problem, the ECM/PCM must relearn the current closed throttle position.
1. Go to INSPECTION MENU in the HDS and select ETCS TEST.
2. Select TP POSITION CHECK, and clear the throttle position learned value.
3. Turn the ignition off, then back on.
4. Reset the ECM/PCM.
5. Perform the idle learn procedure.
6. Recheck for DTCs. If codes re-appear continue with normal troubleshooting.