This bulletin applies to Ram ProMaster 3500 vehicles built on or before July 3, 2017. The TPMS warning light may turn on due to missing information or localization failure. Replacement of the TPMS jumper harness will be necessary.
Using a scan tool, first verify that all related systems are functioning as designed. Record and correct any issues before proceeding further.
1. Remove the cup holder.
2. Remove the battery cover.
3. Disconnect the battery negative cable terminal clamp and remove the negative cable from the terminal.
4. Disconnect the old TPMS jumper harness electrical connectors.
5. Raise and support the vehicle.
6. Disconnect the old TPMS jumper harness electrical connectors from outside and under the vehicle.
7. Disconnect the grommet through the floor for the harness and remove.
8. Install the new TPMS jumper harness through the floor and seat the grommet.
9. Reconnect the electrical connectors to the appropriate connectors outside and under the vehicle.
10. Lower the vehicle.
11. Reconnect the electrical connectors to the appropriate connectors inside the vehicle.
12. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
13. Install the battery cover.
14. Install the cup holder.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe