Some 2011-2013 Ford F-150 trucks built on or before 2/15/2013 and equipped with the 3.5L gasoline turbocharged direct injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an intermittent MIL on with one or more DTCs (P0236, P0238, P025E and/or P007D).
1. Using IDS (integrated diagnostic system), retrieve DTCs.
2. Are any of the above-listed DTCs stored in the PCM? If yes, proceed to Step 3. If no, this bulletin does not apply. Continue with diagnostics.
3. Inspect for damage in the wiring harness at the turbocharger boost sensor connector C1588 for cracks in the wiring insulation.
4. If cracks are found, splice-install wiring pigtail 3U2Z-14S411-SPC.
5. Retain the harness to the connector shell with an enlarged loop of electrical tape.