This bulletin applies to 2013-2015 Jaguar F-Type models. The adaptive front lighting system (AFS) warning lamp may be illuminated or flashing on the instrument cluster.
Upon diagnosis, the technician may find DTC B1D64-87 and/or B1D65-87 stored in the headlamp leveling control module. This may be caused by a software error within the module.
This requires configuring the headlamp leveling control module using IDS/SDD calibration release 86.99.38. The SDD must be loaded with DVD 142.03 v.212 or later.
A Jaguar/Land Rover-approved Midtronics battery power supply must be connected to the vehicle battery during SDD diagnosis/reprogramming.
1. Connect the Midtronics battery power supply to the vehicle battery.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position (engine not running).
3. Connect the SDD (symptom driven diagnostics) system to the vehicle and begin a new session.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts, allowing SDD to read the VIN and identify the vehicle and initiating the data collect sequence.
5. Select “Diagnosis” from the session type screen.
6. Select the “select the symptoms” tab, and then select electrical>instruments>warning lamps>adaptive front lighting system lamp>lamp illuminated.
7. Select “continue.”
8. Select “recommendations” tab, and then select “Run” to perform the “configure existing module – headlamp control module” option.
9. Follow all on-screen instructions to complete the task, ensuring that all DTCs are cleared.
10. If the fault code B1041-54 occurs after configuration of the headlamp leveling control module, select “service functions”, then Run: Lighting – headlamp control module system calibration.
11. Exit the current session.
12. Disconnect the SDD and the battery power supply from the vehicle battery.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe