This bulletin applies to 2010-2017 Buick LaCrosse vehicles. The MIL may be on. In rare cases, customers may also comment that there is no PRNDL display. When checking for DTCs, technicians may find DTC P182E (internal mode switch indicates invalid range) set as active or history in the TCM (transmission control module).
Diagnose DTC P182E following service information diagnostics. Follow the circuit/system verification and circuit/system testing procedures as outlined in DTC P182E or P1915.
1. Verify proper shift cable adjustment.
2. Verify proper ECM Park/Neutral switch status in all ranges.
3. Verify proper internal mode switch (IMS) A/B/C/P parameters in all ranges.
4. Perform the diagnostic repair verification after completing any repairs.
5. If DTC U0101 is set as active or history in the electronic brake control module, it should be ignored, as it has been found to be falsely setting.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe