This bulletin applies to 2016-2019 Chevy Camaro vehicles equipped with a 2.0L or 2.5L engine. An engine oil leak may be found from the side of the engine block, near the starter. The condition may be caused by porosity in the cast engine block at a bed plate bolt hole location.
1. Drain oil and remove the oil pan.
2. Remove the bed plate bolt.
3. Apply only Loctite PST 565 or equivalent to the middle area of the bolt threads. Do not apply the compound to the very bottom threads or to the very top of the threads. If the original bolt is to be re-used, clean threads prior to applying the thread compound.
4. Install the bed plate bolt and torque to specification.
5. Install the oil pan.
6. Refill with engine oil.
7. Test drive to confirm that the leak has been repaired.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe